We already knew who will play on Christmas Day, but now we know the rest of the 2017-18 NBA schedule.
The season begins with the Boston Celtics taking on the Cleveland Cavaliers, and the Houston Rockets — with new guard Chris Paul — traveling to reigning NBA champions the Golden State Warriors on October 17.
Following opening night, the Philadelphia 76ers face the Washington Wizards, while the Minnesota Timberwolves play the San Antonio Spurs on October 18.
The 76ers, complete with the last three top picks in the NBA Draft, will play in nationally televised games 14 times this season, including a November 15 game against the Los Angeles Lakers and number two overall pick Lonzo Ball.
One aspect of this season's schedule is more rest worked into the calendar.
While the first week of the NBA schedule was announced last week, along with the five Christmas games — the 76ers at the New York Knicks, the Cavaliers at the Warriors, the Wizards at the Celtics, the Rockets at Oklahoma City Thunder, and the Timberwolves at the Lakers — the rest of the schedule features several cannot-miss playoff rematches.
With many new faces in new places, here are 10 games you do not want to miss for the 2017-18 NBA season.
1. October 26: New Orleans Pelicans at Sacramento Kings — Former Sacramento centre DeMarcus Cousins gets to face his former team at his old home.
2. October 29: New York Knicks at Cleveland Cavaliers — Will Carmelo Anthony and Kyrie Irving still be with the Knicks and Cavs at this point? That remains to be seen. The two are both rumoured to be traded eventually, possibly for each other. Also, the Knicks will close the season at Cleveland on April 11.
3. December 9: Miami Heat vs. Brooklyn Nets — Hassan Whiteside and the Heat will face the Nets and new guard D'Angelo Russell in Mexico City in the second of two games for Brooklyn south of the border. The Nets will play the Warriors on December 7.
4. December 13: Oklahoma City Thunder at Indiana Pacers — All-Star Paul George returns to Indiana to face his former team.
5. January 11: Philadelphia 76ers vs. Boston Celtics — The long-time Eastern Conference rivals will head to London as the NBA placed a regular-season game in England's capital for just the eighth time.
6. January 15: Golden State Warriors at Cleveland Cavaliers — After facing off on Christmas, the second matchup between the Warriors and the Cavs will be the marquee game on Martin Luther King Day.
7. January 20: Golden State Warriors at Houston Rockets — The revamped Rockets will test themselves against the champs as the Warriors complete a five-game road trip.
8. February 9: Minnesota Timberwolves at Chicago Bulls — All-Star guard Jimmy Butler will make his first trip to Chicago since he was traded to the Timberwolves.
9. March 28: Boston Celtics at Utah Jazz — Gordon Hayward will head back to Salt Lake City for the first time since the coveted free agent reunited with former college coach Brad Stevens in Boston.
10. April 3: Boston Celtics at Milwaukee Bucks — The Bucks hope to be in a position to play spoiler to the Celtics and the Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference and a late-season matchup with Boston could be key for seeding.
|Cordner signs bumper deal with Roosters|
|Lewandowski won´t be distracted by Real Madrid rumours|
|Bennett signs on until 2019 with England|
|Man Utd must not underestimate Sevilla - Navas|
|Coleman demolishes 20-year-old 60m world record|
|Red Bull reveal ´special edition´ livery on 2018 car|
|Iniesta will not be made welcome at Stamford Bridge, warns Azpilicueta|
|Ballack sees ´a big difference´ between Bundesliga and Premier League|
|Karmichael Hunt faces no conviction, but will remain sidelined|
|Betis boss would have preferred to face Madrid´s BBC|
|Chelsea v Barcelona: Messi´s blues against the Blues|
|James leaving Madrid was the best thing, says father|
|He´s looking good – Zidane thrilled with Ronaldo|
|It needs to take 30 seconds – Matic wants quicker VAR|
|Team LeBron edges Team Stephen in thrilling All-Star Game|
|McIlroy sees progress despite failing to contend at Riviera|
|Silver supports NBA players speaking out on social issues|
|Mickelson ready for Masters after third straight top-six finish|
|Gattuso: My job is to be the players´ nightmare until season´s end|
|I wasn´t good enough – Guardiola reveals Wigan rejection|
|Dillon reigns supreme with overtime win at Daytona 500|
|Bubba Watson ends drought with third Genesis Open title|
|Brazilian derby between Vitoria and Bahia abandoned after red-card frenzy|
|Anderson ends barren spell with New York Open triumph|
|It was crazy, but I like that - Zidane revels in eight-goal Betis thriller|
|Asensio credits Zidane for Madrid´s thrilling Betis comeback|
|Zidane hopeful over Marcelo hamstring injury|
|Overton replaces injured Plunkett for Blacks Caps ODI series|
|Bonaventura claims Milan can catch Inter|
|Bravo for Claudio! Guardiola to pick keeper at Wembley|
|Mourinho hoping for reinforcements at Sevilla|
|´Quick-healer´ Groves hopeful over shoulder injury|
|Real Madrid become first side to score 6,000 goals in LaLiga|
|Real Betis 3 Real Madrid 5: Asensio at the double in LaLiga classic|
|AC Milan 1 Sampdoria 0: Bonaventura makes it 10 unbeaten for Rossoneri|
|Schurrle excited to finally link up with Reus and Gotze|
|Fit-again Hughes included in England squad|
|New number one Federer revels in ´unbelievable´ week|
|Real Madrid defender Marcelo suffers hamstring injury|
|Costa fumes referees ´want to give me a card´, but Simeone plays down penalty row|
|Thiem regains Argentina Open title|
|Stoger makes Dortmund history with Gladbach win|
|Championship Review: Leeds fight back for point, Norwich & Ipswich share derby spoils|
|Racing beat La Rochelle to go second, Castres edge out Bordeaux|
|Borussia Monchengladbach 0 Borussia Dortmund 1: Burki unbeatable as Reus returns to haunt Foals|
|FA Cup ´magic´ no surprise to Pochettino after Rochdale thriller|
|Rochdale hero Davies: This is every kid´s dream|
|Atletico Madrid will not stop in pursuit of Barcelona, promises Gameiro|
|Banks boot pays dividends for Treviso|
|Lucky 13 and second successive title for Kvitova after Muguruza classic|
|´Wrong image´ to blame for VAR confusion in Manchester United´s FA Cup win|
|Rochdale 2 Tottenham 2: Davies denies Kane in FA Cup classic|
|Rieder stretchered off as Wasps extend Chiefs´ slump|
|Atletico Madrid 2 Athletic Bilbao 0: Gameiro and Costa settle cagey clash|
|NHL commissioner Bettman condemns ´reprehensible´ Smith-Pelly abuse|
|Visser, Scott and Nel among six recalled by Scotland|
|Bhuvneshwar and Dhawan inspire India´s Wanderers win|
|Napoli set club record with another Serie A win|
|Froome disappoints in time trial as Wellens wins Ruta del Sol|
|Napoli 1 SPAL 0: Allan sends hosts top of Serie A again|
|Federer makes short work of disappointing Dimitrov|
|Allegri allays Higuain injury fears|
|Blackhawks fans ejected after racist heckling of Capitals´ Smith-Pelly|
|Allegri convinced Juve can get past Spurs|
|Sri Lanka sweep series after dominating Bangladesh|
|Everton fear ´long-term´ injury for Mangala|
|If it isn´t Madrid, it´s Paris - Hazard tires of speculation|
|Luiten claims Oman Open title|
|Torino 0 Juventus 1: Champions win derby but lose Higuain|
|Neymar exit made Barcelona stronger - Ter Stegen|